|The Buffalo News - 12.14.2013 -|
This was a landslide victory, with 9 out of the 11 legislators voting in support of the ban.
Without all of your hard work, this never could have happened. Here's what you and other Erie County residents have done in the past year to protect your water:
- Collected 3,845 petition signatures
- Spoke at a County Energy & Environment Committee meeting
- Visited with several of our elected officials
- Educated your friends and neighbors about fracking
- Flooded the legislature with phone calls for an entire week this summer
- Testified for a ban on fracking at last week's public hearing
- Packed the room with anti-fracking signs at Thursday's vote
Our fight to protect New Yorkers from fracking is not yet over, but our victory in Erie County moves us one step closer.
Thank you for making this happen!
Western NY Organizer,
Food & Water Watch,