WHERE: Cornell’s Industrial and Labor Relations School, 237 Main St., Suite 1200, Buffalo
State lawmakers are considering ways to make New York a leader in our nation's growing solar economy, meanwhile solar power is already making a difference all around the state. Come explore the ways that solar power is working for New York today.
12:00pm – Press Conference
• Senator Mark Grisanti, New York State Senate
• Ron Kammen, President of the New York Solar Energy Industries Association
• Ryan McPherson, University of Buffalo
• Environmental Org Representation
12:30pm – Solar Jobs Training 101
• Jeff Stevens, SUNY Alfred
1:30pm – Solar Power Education & Policy
• New York Solar Policy and the NY Solar Jobs Act – Ron Kammen
• Solar in Buffalo, Univ. of Buffalo’s Solar Strand – Ryan McPhereson
• How Solar Works – Solar Liberty
• Environmental Benefits of Solar Deployment – Citizens Campaign for the Environment, Sierra Club
Solar Jobs in the Community & Demos: Local solar companies will showcase their offerings and provide information about going solar in New York.
Local Solar Grassroots: New York Solar Jobs Coalition partners will be on hand to answer questions about the New York Solar Jobs Act. Participants will have the opportunity to show lawmakers they care about their local solar economy.
A printable flier for the event is here.
For inquiries contact Peter Olmsted at the Vote Solar Initiative - email@example.com or 717-305-0045