Turning the Tide:
Communicating Climate Science
Thursday, Sept. 28, 6 PM
Burchfield Penney Art Center
1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
FREE and open to the public.
Doubt, while fundamental to the scientific method, has played an out-sized role in the public debate on climate change. Why do so many Americans distrust science in this specific context?
Join our panelists in a discussion of the history of environmentalism, the politicization of science, and more for the launch event of the Buffalo Humanities Festival 2017: Environments.
- Jacqueline Patterson is the Director of the NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program.
- Jason Briner is Director of the Paleoclimate Lab and Associate Professor of Geology at the University at Buffalo.
- Elizabeth Mazzolini is author of The Everest Effect and Associate Professor of English at the University at Buffalo.
- Adam Rome is author of The Genius of Earth Day and Professor of History at the University at Buffalo.
- Ryan McPherson is the Chief Sustainability Officer at the University at Buffalo. Ryan will moderate.