Monday, April 8, 2013

VOLUNTEER: I Love My Park Day - May 4th

Show NYS Parks and Historic Sites Some Love!
Parks and Trails New York organizes I Love My Park Day, in partnership with Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, to improve and enhance state parks and historic sites; boost volunteerism; and raise the visibility of the entire state parks system and its needs. Watch this short video to learn more about I Love My Park Day.
Join us on Saturday, May 4 for I Love My Park Day and show your parks some love!

Find an Event and Register to Volunteer
More than 70 I Love My Park Day events are taking place at state parks and historic sites across New York State in 2013. In order to participate in an I Love My Park Day event, volunteers will need to complete a simple online form.
See below to find a participating park or site near you or click on the map to learn more about the events planned. From there you'll be able to register to volunteer. Check back frequently - more events are added often! Already know where you'd like to volunteer? Go straight to registration. 

Participating Parks and Historic Sites

Local Parks
In addition to the events at state parks listed above, local parks are getting in the spirit too! I Love My Park Day events are being held at these locally owned parks and historic sites. To learn more about these, visit the links below:
Organizing an event and don't see your site listed? Let us know.
 
Check back frequently -- More events are added often!  Find all NY State events here: http://www.ptny.org/ilovemypark/findanevent.shtml

I Love My Park Day website: http://www.ptny.org/ilovemypark/

No comments: