INCOME INEQUALTY -- DEMOCRACY AT RISK“Widespread poverty and concentrated wealth cannot long endure side by side in a democracy" -- Thomas Jefferson.
TIME: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 6:00-8:00 P.M.
PLACE: Burchfield-Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo.
The program is free and open to the public.
PROGRAM: How has income inequality developed in America and what can we do about it? So is democracy at risk? And if so, what are we doing to confront growing inequality in America? Please join us for an informative and timely discussion.
• Ron Deutsch, Executive Director, New Yorkers for Fiscal Fairness
• Lauren Breen, JD, Assoc. Clinical Prof., Consumer & Financial Advocacy, UB Law
• Anthony Neal, PhD, Assoc. Prof., Political Science Dept., SUNY Buffalo State
• Ted P. Schmidt, PhD, Assoc. Prof., Economics & Finance, SUNY Buffalo State
• Sam Magavern, Co-Director, Partnership for the Public Good and Open Buffalo
Sandy White, management consultant and TV talk show host, will moderate the panel.
For more information, call the League office, 884-3550.
The panel is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Buffalo/Niagara and co-sponsored by the American Association of University Women.