The New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) is conducting informational forums and public hearings across the State to seek public input and comment on the PSC’s regulatory component of Governor Cuomo’s overall strategic energy plan, ‘Reforming the Energy Vision’, or REV.
The REV initiative will lead to regulatory changes that promote more efficient use of energy and a deeper penetration of renewable resources such as Wind and Solar. The PSC is considering a new business model for energy service providers where distributed energy resources (Tomorrow's Energy Model, see below) will become a primary tool in the planning and operation of the electric system.
- Enhance customer knowledge and tools to enable customers to manage their energy bills and provide them more choice in how they use energy
- Animate the market and leverage ratepayer contributions
- Promote system-wide Efficiency
- Increase fuel and resource diversity
- Enhance system reliability and resiliency
- Reduce Carbon Emissions
Two Informational Forums with Public Hearings will be held in Buffalo, NY on THURSDAY, January 29, 2015:
- FORUM / HEARING Times: 2:00PM/3:00PM; 6:00PM/7:00PM
- PLACE: Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo [Map]
For more information from the PSC, click here.