Adapting to a Changing Climate:
Strategies for Community Planning
Webinar: Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016, 10:30 AM- 12:00 PM
This Climate Smart Communities webinar will provide an introduction to the state of local climate adaptation planning in the United States and ideas for the types of adaptation strategies you can pursue as you work to create a more resilient community. The information provided in this webinar comes from research conducted by Dr. Missy Stults looking at how local governments are planning for climate change and what opportunities exist for improving the next generation of climate adaptation plans. A portion of this webinar will draw upon a recently released paper that assesses the quality of local climate adaptation planning and one, soon to be released, that looks at the types of strategies included in local adaptation plans. In addition, real-world examples of adaptation in practice will be provided to help participants understand the array of activities available to help build local resilience to climate change.
Please provide us with your name and community affiliation, either via email or telephone to the Office of Climate Change at email@example.com or 518-402-8448. In the event that we cancel or postpone this webinar, respondents will be notified.
To join the webinar on November 10th, follow these steps:
- First, click on this link: https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec028f2937fc316a2d6c30231932e747b
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
- Click "Join".
- Click “Call Me” in the onscreen “Audio Connection” box and enter your phone number to join the audio portion through your telephone.
- Alternatively, call 1-844-633-8697 and enter the Event Number: 640 857 413, followed by your attendee ID (which will be displayed on your screen in the “Event Info” tab) to join the audio portion. The attendee ID is recommended but not required. It is also an option to join the audio portion via your computer speakers (provided your computer has a microphone).
For assistance with WebEx, go to https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/mc and click "Support" on the left navigation bar.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.