- WHAT: Candlelight Vigil - Indigenous Water Ceremony - Speakers
- WHEN: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- WHERE: Starts outside of 65 Court St. Buffalo, NY
Hydraulic fracturing (fracking) repeatedly threatens our water. Fracking purposefully contaminates billions of gallons of fresh water with chemicals to drill for natural gas. There is a risk of underground contamination of water sources, and the toxic waste created by the process often goes mistreated and ends up in our waterways. It’s a full out assault on clean water!
Senator Grisanti, Chair of the Environmental Conservation Committee, has the ability to move forward a bill that would ban fracking in New York state. We need to continue urging him to do so. This event will start outside of Sen. Grisanti's office on 65 Court St. in Buffalo, NY and then move to Niagara Square.
- Lynda Schneekloth, Sierra Club Niagara Group Chair
- Charley Bowman, WNY Peace Center Director
- Al White & Kit White, Cayuga First Nations Elders
- Maria Maybee, Seneca Nation, Cattaraugus Creek Watershed Taskforce
- Rita Yelda, Food & Water Watch and WNY Drilling Defense
Sponsored by: Food & Water Watch