Sierra Club Niagara Group
2016 ANNUAL AWARDS DINNER
Open to the Public
GUEST SPEAKER: Aaron Mair, President of the National Sierra Club
WHEN: Saturday, October 15, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
WHERE: Temple Beth Zion (auditorium), 805 Delaware Ave., Buffalo - See Map for location and Metro Rail Stations
AARON MAIR, President of the National Sierra Club, is from Schenectady, NY. He is an epidemiological-spatial analyst with the New York State Department of Health. Mair has spent over 30 years fighting for environmental and social justice and is a passionate and energetic speaker.
There will be a multi-course buffet dinner with donations for beer and wine servings. Ticket prices: $45 for those who can afford to support our fundraising efforts, and $25 for those who are students or on a fixed income.
To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
Awards to Local Leaders:
This year's recipients of the Bruce Kershner Award for Conservation are:
- PAUL DYSTER, Mayor, City of Niagara Falls
- THOMAS DESANTIS, Senior Planner, City of Niagara Falls
- BOB BAXTER, Niagara Heritage Partnership for their work on the restoration of the magnificent Niagara Gorge and the removal of the Robert Moses Parkway.
- TODD HOBLER, Vice President of 1199 SEIU Healthcare Workers United East for his leadership to protect Seneca Lake and in forging an alliance between 1199 SEIU and the Sierra Club in our campaign for climate justice
- DEBORA HAYES, Area Director of the Communication Workers of America WNY District office for her leadership within CWA in building a partnership between her International Union and the Sierra Club in our fight for climate justice.